Search The Bristol Blogger
Posts By Date
June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Guess Who's Back March 4, 2012
- The Bristol Blogger is moving home January 15, 2010
- Bristol City Council don't know what day of the week it is. No, really ... January 14, 2010
- Gentlemen couldn't afford polaroids January 10, 2010
- #gritforbristol January 9, 2010
- George Ferguson says he’s not standing for mayor of Bristol | Alternative Bristol on RED TROUSER GATE: If Bristol City Council made lager …
- Brutalism Within Bristol // Links. – joshadamjonesphotography on Spot the difference: new brutalism
- ALLOTMENTS FOR SALE! WHO’S GETTING RICH OFF THE GREAT GREEN SPACES LAND GRAB? | The Bristolian on RED TROUSER GATE: The latest desperate cover-up attempt
- HOYT’S HATE TWEET SCANDAL SHAME SHOCKER | The Bristolian on Shirley and the coconuts
- BristolBloggerGate: Three years on – the University of Liverpool, WordPress & censorship | Bristle's Blog from the BunKRS on Howard and me
- Ring-a-ring-a-roadsies (164)
- What rough beast? (138)
- Tax 'n' spend: they're parking mad! (122)
- Spirit of the age? (122)
- Report from last night’s Council Meeting (106)
Popular CategoriesWorld Cup 2018 Local elections 2007 Planning Bristol East MPs Journalism Conservatives Merchant Venturers Education Transport Blogging Lib Dems Environment Bristol Evening Post Media Developments Labour Party Politics Local government Bristol
Tag Archives: Kingsmead Lodge Nursing Home
STOP PRESS: Mimosa meltdown!!!!
Posted on December 11, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
Strong rumours reverberating on the Blogger’s newswires say that the manager and long-term secretary at Mimosa Healthcare’s ailing Kingsmead Lodge Nursing Home in Shire walked out earlier today this month. (This is what happens when you spend the afternoon at … Continue reading →
Fwd: Steve Norman's letter to all councillors
Posted on December 10, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
Dear Councillor, I have no doubt that by now you are aware of the story on the BBC Bristol News web site: ‘Failings Uncovered At Four Bristol Care Homes’and the documentary aired this evening on ‘Inside Out West’ The company … Continue reading →
Fwd: Mr Steve Norman`s letter; reply
Posted on December 8, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
Dear colleagues You will probably be aware of a report on BBC’s Inside Out programme last night which highlighted recent failings at a number of residential care homes in Bristol run by Mimosa. Care is graded by the Commission for … Continue reading →
Fancy that! "I will be out of the office at meetings on Monday 7 December 09"
Posted on December 7, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
Oh look! The putative head of our city’s “atrocious” adult care services – “Why don’t you fucking go home Cathy?” Morgan – is not contactable today because she’s “at meetings”. Ho! Ho! Ho! When do we get her resignation then?
The art of blogging: just keep banging your head against that brick wall …
Posted on December 4, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
… Until the right people start listening: Job done!
"Institutional abuse" identified in Bristol's care homes
Posted on December 3, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
Today’s report from the Care Quality Commission (CQS) in to Bristol’s adult care services is mainy a text book example of what happens when the dead hand of bureaucracy meets impenetrable New Labour social jargon. So we’ve got an “Annual … Continue reading →
From the comments …
Posted on November 29, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
by Steven Norman November 28, 2009 at 5:26 pm I believe that Bristol City Council should issue court proceedings for recovery of this outstanding money. At this moment in time it is public money that has been paid to one … Continue reading →
McNamara: "I know nothing"
Posted on November 26, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
I’ve come across some self-serving, backsliding, cowardly tosh from senior officers at Bristol City Council in my time but Stephen McNamara’s response to Steve Norman’s recent invitation to take him to court takes the biscuit: “I do not know anything … Continue reading →
McNamara: "Come on if yer ‘ard enough"
Posted on November 25, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
It’s getting just like the old days. Who can forget that fine June of 2005 when our city’s esteemed wig-wearer -in-Chief, Stephen McNamara decided to take action after the Campaign to Save Daycare in Bristol paraded 10ft-high placards through the … Continue reading →
"The Angel of Death"
Posted on April 22, 2009 by The Bristol Blogger
The Lib Dem Clifton Thicky duo of Babs “Call me ma’m” Janke and her even more ridiculous Cabinet Member for Care and Neighbourhoods, Bev Knott, have truly excelled themselves with this one. Can it only be a month ago that … Continue reading →