Search The Bristol Blogger
Posts By Date
June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Guess Who's Back March 4, 2012
- The Bristol Blogger is moving home January 15, 2010
- Bristol City Council don't know what day of the week it is. No, really ... January 14, 2010
- Gentlemen couldn't afford polaroids January 10, 2010
- #gritforbristol January 9, 2010
- George Ferguson says he’s not standing for mayor of Bristol | Alternative Bristol on RED TROUSER GATE: If Bristol City Council made lager …
- Brutalism Within Bristol // Links. – joshadamjonesphotography on Spot the difference: new brutalism
- ALLOTMENTS FOR SALE! WHO’S GETTING RICH OFF THE GREAT GREEN SPACES LAND GRAB? | The Bristolian on RED TROUSER GATE: The latest desperate cover-up attempt
- HOYT’S HATE TWEET SCANDAL SHAME SHOCKER | The Bristolian on Shirley and the coconuts
- BristolBloggerGate: Three years on – the University of Liverpool, WordPress & censorship | Bristle's Blog from the BunKRS on Howard and me
- Ring-a-ring-a-roadsies (164)
- What rough beast? (138)
- Tax 'n' spend: they're parking mad! (122)
- Spirit of the age? (122)
- Report from last night’s Council Meeting (106)
Popular CategoriesWorld Cup 2018 Local elections 2007 Planning Bristol East MPs Journalism Conservatives Merchant Venturers Education Transport Blogging Lib Dems Environment Bristol Evening Post Media Developments Labour Party Politics Local government Bristol
Category Archives: Glossary of Bristol City Council terms
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: free lunch
Free Lunch: There is such a thing at Bristol City Council. Paid for by you. Always organic and Fair Trade. See also conference, Lord Mayor, expenses.
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: new
New: Anything Bristol City Council does that features in a press release is new. See also innovative, exciting.
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: investment
Investment: The same thing as income, turnover, expenditure, profit or loss depending on circumstances and the PR message being delivered. After all, it’s only someone else’s money innit? See also business.
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: 'One Council' approach
‘One Council’ approach: Local authority management in the high paranoid style. Characterised by rigid hierarchy and impenetrable bureaucracy and notable for its endless public relations gimmicks and the use of unaccountable private sector CONsultants as key managers and decision-makers. Features … Continue reading
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: business
Business: Wear a new suit and work in local government for 20 years spending huge quantities of other people’s money and you are an expert at business. See also marketing.
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: holistic approach
Holistic Approach: Exactly the same as the usual hopeless Bristol City Council approach except the officers involved wear jeans.
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: meeting
Meeting: Kind of ritualised, aimless mass non-exercise conducted by groups of city council officers on a twice daily basis in order that they can have a cup of tea and use up some time either side of lunch. See also … Continue reading
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: conference
Conference: A long meeting that includes a free lunch. See also meeting, free lunch.
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: the great and good
The great and good: Those invited to the first night of the Banksy exhibtion – if you weren’t invited you weren’t great and thus you can’t be any good. To be good you must have money or a degree in … Continue reading
Glossary of Bristol City Council terms: Councillors
Councillors: A form of decorative finishing unique to Bristol’s Council House. See also Politicians.