- Labour's secret location to meet the people revealed May 23, 2007
- New to the blogroll December 24, 2007
- Redland Green: another finance farce February 18, 2008
- Bristol bloggers galore!!! March 11, 2008
- Quick off the mark again at the BBC October 30, 2007
- PR of the week October 26, 2008
- World Cup bid manager can't add up! November 15, 2009
- Who is the Bristol Blogger? May 7, 2007
- Are our politicians in danger of having to express a view in the near future? October 15, 2009
- July 10, 2009
Search The Bristol Blogger
Posts By Date
- Guess Who's Back March 4, 2012
- The Bristol Blogger is moving home January 15, 2010
- Bristol City Council don't know what day of the week it is. No, really ... January 14, 2010
- Gentlemen couldn't afford polaroids January 10, 2010
- #gritforbristol January 9, 2010
- George Ferguson says he’s not standing for mayor of Bristol | Alternative Bristol on RED TROUSER GATE: If Bristol City Council made lager …
- Brutalism Within Bristol // Links. – joshadamjonesphotography on Spot the difference: new brutalism
- ALLOTMENTS FOR SALE! WHO’S GETTING RICH OFF THE GREAT GREEN SPACES LAND GRAB? | The Bristolian on RED TROUSER GATE: The latest desperate cover-up attempt
- HOYT’S HATE TWEET SCANDAL SHAME SHOCKER | The Bristolian on Shirley and the coconuts
- BristolBloggerGate: Three years on – the University of Liverpool, WordPress & censorship | Bristle's Blog from the BunKRS on Howard and me
Popular CategoriesWorld Cup 2018 Local elections 2007 Planning Bristol East MPs Journalism Conservatives Merchant Venturers Education Transport Blogging Lib Dems Environment Bristol Evening Post Media Developments Labour Party Politics Local government Bristol
Human beings? Making a typo? They MUST be incompetent.
On something as important as a public web page.
On something affecting thousands of people.
In a big headline.
With something that is easily avoidable through the simplest of traditional process, proofreading
– yes they are incompetent.
I for one would be happy to pay more council tax so the council can employ proof readers and make sure this kind of outrage never happens again.
So come on Bristol City Council — hike the tax for those of us who, like me, become apoplectic with rage at the thought of typograpical errers.
In this day and age we can and should expect web authors to do a little proofreading (one word) as an integral part of their job in order to avoid errers (your spelling – designed to provoke, or just a silly error?). This is vastly different from your inference re employing specialist proofreaders.
There is an important underlying issue about competence at this Council. My experience over the last several years comprises only one good episode and many very poor ones characterised by incompetence, obstruction, bureaucracy, contempt, laziness and sheer bloody mindedness. In my experience the only thing they are routinely good at is collecting my Council Tax.